Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Amway Privacy Notice for
Amway Business Owners and Members
This Privacy Notice describes how Amway GmbH, Benzstrasse 11b – c, D-82178 Puchheim (hereinafter “Amway”) uses personal data collected or received from Amway Business Owners (“ABOs”) and Members. It describes how we collect or receive your personal data, the types of personal data we process, how we use, share and protect these data, how long we retain these data, your rights with respect to the processing of your personal data, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
How We Collect and Receive Personal Data from You
Registration. Amway collects your personal data through the registration form that you complete and send to us in paper form or electronically through the Amway website (the “Website”) in order to become an ABO or Member.
Logged in as ABO or Member. If you are logged in on the Website as an ABO or Member we collect personal data that your provide to us while using the Website, for example, when you order products or services.
Contacting Us. You may also choose to submit your personal data and other information to us through various communication channels provided on the “Contact Us” webpage of the Website, for example, Amway e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or online forms.
The Types of Personal Data We Process
We process the following types of personal data relating to you:
• Contact information (e.g., name, postal or e-mail address, fax number and phone number);
• ABO or Member organizational information (e.g., ABO company name, profession and ownership and management details);
• Gender, age, nationality, date and place of birth;
• Marital Status
• ABO or Member registration number, username and password;
• Passport details (including number, issue date, issue location and expiration date) and National ID number to the extent permitted or required by applicable law;
• Payment information (e.g., such bank account or credit card numbers);
• ABO or Member performance information (e.g., class, status, group and personal qualifications under the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan and financial/bonus history);
• Product preferences, purchasing habits, purchasing history and spending behaviour; and
• Communication preferences.
We may process other personal data in exceptional circumstances only. If we need to process other types of personal data about you, we will make sure that you are informed about the processing of your personal data and that there is a valid legal basis for doing so (e.g. your consent).
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We only process your personal data to the extent it is necessary (i) for the performance of your agreement with us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement with us; (ii) to comply with our legal obligations; or (iii) for the purpose of our legitimate interests, including operating, evaluating and improving our business; preventing and protecting us and others against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and ensuring compliance with company policies and industry standards. For companies like Amway that have global business operations, processing business partner’s personal data for internal administrative purposes is typically also considered a legitimate interest. As required under law, we have carefully balanced our legitimate business interests against your data protection rights.
In particular, we process personal data we obtain about you to:
• To manage your registration as an ABO or Member. Click here to view the Terms & Conditions of your registration as an ABO or Member;
• Create and manage your online account and respond to your inquiries;
• Process your orders of products or services;
• Communicate with you (e.g., about products or services that we offer, or intend to offer);
• Operate, evaluate and improve our services, including by:
o Evaluating your satisfaction with our current communications, materials, products and/or services;
o Tracking and analyzing your use of products, materials and/or services; and
o Developing new products and services.
• Track, document and evaluate participation in Amway meetings and events;
• Assessing your performance under your Amway Business or Member Registration Agreement with us;
• Provide business performance information to you;
• Provide your contact information, business identification information and business performance information to upline ABOs, and contact information to downline ABOs or Members;
• Perform accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities;
• Enforce contractual terms and conditions;
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
How We Share Personal Data
Amway does not sell, rent or trade your personal data. Amway does share your personal data with:
• Entities within the Amway group to whom it is reasonably necessary or desirable for Amway to disclose personal data;
• ABOs, to allow communication regarding products, services and orders relating to the Amway Business;
• Providers of Infrastructure- or Platform- or Software-as-a-Service solutions, software development services, information system maintenance services, record management services or marketing services within, or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”); and
• Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, legal interests, property or safety of others or ourselves.