Effective Date: May 2021
Amway Website Visitor Privacy/Cookie Notice
How We Collect and Receive Personal Data from You
Where we ask you to provide us with your personal data, we will indicate whether providing the personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into and/or facilitating a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and of the possible consequences of a failure to provide the personal data.
Amway collects and receives personal data from Visitors in various ways, such as:
Contacting Us. When you contact us through the various communication channels provided on the “Contact Us” webpage of the Website, we collect personal data and other information that you provide. Examples of such personal data include Amway e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or online forms.
- The following cookie is essential for our Website to function.
|SS-SERVER-ID||Session||To provide load balancing functionality|
|AWSELB||Session||To load balancing functionality|
|JSESSIONID||Session||To keep the technical session tracked|
|isMarketingCookiesAccepted||1 year||To store cookies acceptance information|
|isCookieConsentAccepted||1 year||To store cookies acceptance information|
|isAnalyticsCookiesAccepted||1 year||To store cookies acceptance information|
|product_sort||11 years 5 months||To store sorting information|
|grid_product_layout||11 years 5 months||To store products layout information|
|acceleratorSecureGUID||Session||To enable security mechanisms|
- The following cookies are required to gather statistics and analyse website functionality
|dtCookie||Session||To track across multiple requests|
|dtLatC||Session||To measure latency for server performance monitoring|
|dtPC||Session||To identify the correct endpoints for beacon transmission;
contains the session ID for correlation.
|dtSa||Session||Intermediate store for page-spanning actions|
|rxVisitor||Session||Visitor ID to correlate sessions|
- The following cookies are used for analytic purpose, for services which we are using: Tealium, Qualtrics survey, Heap Analytics, Lucky Orange
|_hp2_id.*||1 year 1 month||User cookie (stores user_id, identity, other ids)|
|_hp2_props.*||1 year 1 month||Event properties cookie (stores properties set by addEventProperties API)|
|_hp2_ses_props.*||30 min||Session properties cookie (stores timestamp and cookie domain/path)|
|utag_main||1 year||To record a time stamp of when you visit to our site has started,
the number of pages you have viewed, the number of visits you
have had to our site and a unique ID
|_lorid||10 min||ID of the visitor's current recording|
|_lo_uid||2 years||Unique identifier for the visitor|
|_lo_v||1 year||Total number of visitor's visits|
|__lotr||6 months||URL of the visitor's original referrer, if any|
|__lotl||6 months||URL of the visitor's original landing page, if any|
||3 months||This cookie is used to track whether we should display the
Intercept on repeated user visits
|QST||6 months||Persistent cookie used for preventing multiple responses|
- The following cookies are used for sharing the site content on social media.
|__atuvc||1 year 1 month||These cookies are associated with the AddThis social sharing widget
which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to
share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms
|loc||1 year 1 month|
|uvc||1 year 1 month|
- The following cookies are used for fraud prevention and bot management
|bm_sv||1 hour 40 min||These cookies are used to analyse traffic
to determine if it is automated traffic
generated by IT systems or a human user
|bm_mi||1 hour 40 min|
|bm_sz||3 hours 40 min|
|ak_bmsc||1 hour 40 min|
- The following cookie is used for spam and abuse protection
|_GRECAPTCHA||6 months||SPAM protection service provided
by Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse.
It may analyse traffic, (potentially containing Users’ Personal Data)
with the purpose of filtering the parts of traffic recognized as
Bots or SPAM and “keeping automated software from engaging
in abusive activities on your site”.
The Types of Personal Data We Process
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
- Comply with laws which require us to retain records; and
- Comply with any other laws which may be applicable to us.
- Address your comments or inquiries;
- Communicate with you;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our products, business, and services, including by:
- Prevent and protect you, us, and others against fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and industry standards; and
- Process personal data for internal administrative purposes.
How We Share Personal Data
- Related entities operating direct selling businesses around the world under the company name Amway, to whom it is reasonably necessary or desirable for Amway to disclose personal data;
- Providers of infrastructure- or platform- or software-as-a-service solutions, software development services, information system maintenance services, record management services or marketing services;
- Government authorities or other third parties, if required or allowed otherwise by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, legal interests, property, or safety of you, others, or ourselves.
International Data Transfers
How We Protect Personal Data
How Long We Retain Personal Data
Links to Other Websites
Updates to this Privacy Notice
The right to access
The right to rectification
The right to erasure
The right to restriction of processing
The right to data portability
The right to withdraw consent
The right to object
The right to lodge a complaint
How to Contact Us
Withdraw your consent
Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that has happened based on your consent prior to the withdrawal.